Curvy Women have been left out of the fashion conversation for years. But not anymore, the attention on more voluptuous models and the democratization of chic clothes for all shapes and sizes is a large part of today’s fashion industry. We at Rajwadi believe that each woman is a diva. She deserves to be admired for just her sheer being. She, who juggles multiple roles with such ease does not need to rely on the fact that her body has to be a certain way to be termed perfect. So why should being curvaceous be a hindrance in her way to look and feel good?
There are various ethnic clothes available that can hide your curves and will portray you in a stylish way to rock any occasion. Below is the shopping guideline for the must have silhouette:
- Kurtis: Body-hugging Kurtis are a big NO, rather choose slightly loose ones and avoid buying them in clingy materials. If you have heavy hips and thighs, the long kurti will hide the appropriate area of your body.
- Sarees: A saree in a right fabric such as chiffon, crepe, and Georgette will make you look slimmer. Don’t buy them in stiff fabrics.
- A-line Dresses: A-line dresses are hugely popular as they can flatter heavy busted body types.
- Long Suits: Straight Long Kurta will makes you look sleek and tall. Pair it with Slim fit bottoms as it will make your waist look slimmer.
- Floor length Anarkalis: For Festivals and Special Occasions like Evening Party, Engagement Party or a Reception, you can opt for Floor Length Anarkali with a right fit and cut.
We all aren’t born perfect and our bodies are not tailor-made to fit in to the standard size, use few hacks to look toned without having to actually tone down. Listed below are a few fashion tips to keep in mind while shopping:
- Opt for easy and flowy fabrics like Chiffon & Georgette for any type of garment.
- Wear Dark colors as it creates an illusion of uniformity and covers up bulges effectively.
- Monotones or less color blocking is what you need to look shapely and prim.
- Longer Silhouette and Heels gives height and a vision of less bulk as it balances out the roundness of the body.
- Choose dresses that have vertical prints or stripes.
- Wear clothes that are the right size as it’s a myth that wearing over sized clothes will make you look thinner.
- Empire waistlines and low necks help lengthen the look of the neck, keeping away the attention from the width of the body.
- Choose the right accessories like sleek bangles and bracelets.
- Style your hair loose to look more in shape.
A size is just a number that has nothing to do with fashion and style. So, if you are plus size and want to look your best, all you have to do is to choose the right clothes and accessories. Dress up to look flattering in clothes that embrace your curves, without highlighting the unsavory bulges. Shop from Rajwadi.com and discover a completely new tangent of dressing up like never before.