Dupattas, also popular as stole or shawl is an essential clothing accessory for women from the Indian subcontinent. It is a long scarf mostly worn on salwar kameez, kurtis, lehenga cholis and almost all Indian ethnic clothing for Indian women. These dupattas are made up of light-weight material that makes it easy to carry wherever you go. You will find them as simple plain material with border that gives it a classy touch or with embellishments done on it with sequins or stone work, etc. Also you will find hand-woven stoles that is mostly worn on kurtas.
These dupattas hold a very important place in the traditional wear for both men and women in India. Women’s wear it almost on all attires whereas men wear it on sherwanis, kurta payjamas and kurtas. It’s an important part of the wedding outfit for Indian groom as its required to drape on Sherwani. As men’s don’t find it comfortable or are confused on how to put-on dupatta, it’s mandatory to choose and style the groom dupatta by keeping the comfort and style in mind.
If you are planning to get married soon, then you need to add the ethnic stole to the selected sherwani as they will look stunning when you pair them perfectly. Few points that you need to take care of, while pairing a dupatta with sherwani are mentioned below,
– Make sure to match the colour of the dupatta with the bottom of the sherwani.
– Sherwani that has less detailing then putting on a heavy embellished dupatta will give an amazing look to your outfit.
– If the sherwani has heavy work all over then pairing it with a simple dupatta with border, will give a perfect look.
– Along with bottom colour, colour of the dupatta should also be matched with the colour of the turban/safa. Mojari can also be matched with the same colour.
– Dupattas can also be matched with the colour of the dupatta of the bride that she will be draping with her bridal lehenga choli.
Also the dupatta that you have selected for sherwani can also be worn on kurtas or kurta payjamas that you are looking forward to wear for any traditional occasion. It is completely a fashion statement accessory that gives a final touch to any ethnic outfit for Men.